Hi, I’m Malaika and after a series of not knowing what I really want to be in life and making some wrong choices, I finally had my breakthrough. WRITING!
First time to the site? Start here
From the blog
- Love: Thyself (3)Tall, short Curvy or thin Being yourself is not a sin
- Be The Reason!Be the reason to make someone smile When their day is bad and they can’t help but whine Be the reason to make some feel inspired When they wanna give up and just retire Be the reason to make someone fall in love with everything When someone else made them feel like nothing Be the reason to give someone hope When they see there is no scope Be the reason to make someone happy When someone else to them was snappy Sometimes it’s best to be kind That someone keeps you in their mind Be the one that’s difficult toContinue reading “Be The Reason!”
- You are Beautiful!Hello there beautiful! Let me tell you a secret that you can always stay beautiful; just be yourself. Almost everyone around is following media and being given the wrong mantra to stay beautiful is to shed loads of weight, follow a strict diet and only then can you be called beautiful. You can be dark-skinned, curvy, too short or too tall; it just does not matter. What really matters is having a beautiful heart and soul, being generous and kind, helping others around regardless if they can help you back or not. That’s when you reveal your true beauty. AsContinue reading “You are Beautiful!”
- Things to tell yourself; EVERYDAYI can do this I believe in myself No one knows me better than me I have overcome even more difficult challenges; this is possible I love myself just the way I am I don’t need to change if it’s not helping me
- Love: ThyselfThe people who are manipulative will blame you for every thing that went wrong when you stop falling for their manipulation’s and do what you heart feels.
- (no title)Trust your wings no matter how hard the storm hits
- The Jigsaw PuzzleThe Jigsaw Puzzle The Jigsaw Puzzle — Read on aquilasparadise.wordpress.com/2021/04/18/the-jigsaw-puzzle/
- The Jigsaw PuzzleOur life is a giant jigsaw puzzleWith the pieces scattered everywhereWhen we are little kidsThe pieces don’t fit rightSome pieces are completely out of sightAs we grow and we end to lose confidenceTo compare our broken puzzle with someone else’sAs time passes we learn and matureWe heal and find a cure To find the missing pieces To be put togetherfinally when it’s completedEverything was just for the better
- #2020 when God turned tablesMovies On weekends, followed by Restaurant dinner home cooked meals would still be the winner Lesser time with kids was always regretted Schools are closed, children’s happiness upgraded Work from office introduced us to some lovely colleagues Work from home kept us away from some other nasty colleagues 2020 may sound a year that’s cursed The Lords blessings always saves us from the worst
- #myQuotes #myPoemsEach time you underestimate me, Its a new lesson learnt Sometimes for the better, and sometime the worst It can be overwhelming to avoid an emotional outburst But at the end what matters is my HAPPINESS comes first
- Birds in cagesI walked down the road; I came across a pet shop They sold fishes, puppies, cats and birds and made money non stop To me, the birds were not chirping But in pain were screeching Their beautiful wings clipped at the end I wondered if there’s a chance to mend It’s the trees and branches their talons miss This ignorance is definitely not bliss I really don’t understand why Without birds all we would have is an empty sky
- #covid lessonsYou’re sitting at home; sipping a cup of tea Thinking of the COVid impact; asking yourself “why me?” You still have a job; but loads of bills to pay Someone out there lost their small business, is unemployed; doesn’t know how he’ll repay You’re doing a work from home; struggling with the new norms Someone lost their home: parts of the world faced bigger storms Your favourite restaurants are now closed; stuck at home in a lock down with Boring home food Lebanon looked around everywhere there’s only blood You’re kids are noisy; the schools are closed California wildfires gotContinue reading “#covid lessons”
- Whats on my mindlearning the art of self love Keeping my emotions in check Telling myself that the difficulties I’m going through is just temporary and this too shall pass To people who have underestimated me; I don’t care what you say and feel about me Doing random checks with friends and ex colleagues how they coping in the pandemic: you never know who may need it
- My daily plannerPeople often ask me what do you keep writing all day long. “It’s my planner”From to-do lists to noting down my quotes or just little thoughts that keep coming up in my head, everything gets penned down.Sometimes I like writing down little reminders that I go back to when feeling low and that’s something I feel everyone should do. Be your own critic and motivatorAfter all you need both sunshine and rain for a plant to grow into a tree.
- Staying OrganizedWho me? Organized? My husband might tell you otherwise, but I do find it hard to keep track of our weekly schedule. You know: school, swimming, grocery shopping, tidying up, paying bills, remembering appointments and so on. Fortunately, in our house we all pitch in. No one person does everything. But we do have a little secret that helps our day run more smoothly.
- Travel TipsThere are millions of tips out there on how to fly with kids, what to bring on camping vacations, which suitcase to buy, where to go and what to see in just about every corner on Earth. What I want to share today is something a little different – something that we discovered last summer during a family hike in the Appalachians.